Carey Reid VarnadoHattiesburg, Mississippi
Phone: (601) 544-1234
Fax: (601) 544-1280
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- General Civil Litigation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1976
- Mississippi, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 1977
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1976
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1973
- A.B. in History
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Puckett v. Rufenacht, Bromagen & Hertz, Inc., 949 F.2d 789 (5th Cir. 1992)
- Payne v. Rain Forest Nurseries, Inc., 540 So.2d 35 (Miss. 1989)
- United States Fidelity & Guaranty Company
- John Crane, Inc.
- Andritz, Inc.
- Claims Management Services, Inc.
- Wellington Associates, Inc.
- Country Living Insurance, Inc.
- R&R Foods, Inc.
- Stonington Insurance Company
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003-2008
- Million Dollar Advocates
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Mississippi Bar Foundation Law-Related Public Education Award, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Mississippi State Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- United States District Judge William Harold Cox, Law Clerk, 1976-1977
- Jacob Kansas Law Firm, New Orleans, LA, 1977-1980
- Heidelberg, Sutherland & McKenzie, Hattiesburg, MS, 1980-1982
- Easterling & Varnado, Hattiesburg, MS, Partner, 1982-1992
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Beta Kappa
- May 10, 1951, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States of America